European Goalball Club Association is happy to inform all the goalball ladies, that the 3rd edition of the SEGL – Women’s Champions League (SEWGL later in this text) will be held in Rostock, Germany on 28th – 31st October 2022 simultaneously with the SEGL – Champions League 2022 final stage.
The first edition was held in Odivelas, Portugal in 2019 and the second again in Odivelas, Portugal in 2021. Sporting CP (POR( has been the champion of both tournaments.
PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE & ENTRY FEE
Friday 28th October – Day of arrival
Saturday 29th October – 1st competition day
Sunday 30th October – 2nd competition day
Monday 31st October – 3rd competition day, medal ceremony, day of departure
Tuesday 1st October – Optional departure day
The entry fee is 250 € / person from Friday to Monday and 300 € / person from Friday to Tuesday. The tournament is estimated to be finished at 2 PM on Monday 31st October. Entry fee includes:
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals from Friday 28th October dinner to Monday 31st lunch or till Tuesday breakfast
- Local transportation
A club can have at the SEWGL 2022 tournament:
- Maximum 6 athletes in its roster;
- There must be an athlete from the same country than the club comes from as well as at least one IBSA classified athlete in the roster of a club;
- Each team can register only 2 foreign players to its roster and only one of these two players can come out of Europe;
- Due to the difficulty of classification verified; clubs can register unrated players who compete in official competitions in their countries through the respective federation;
- Failure to comply with registration rules results in a 10-0 loss in the game.
A player is a foreign player, if one of following parameters is actualized:
A. A player is not an official member of the club;
B. A player doesn’t participate actively in weekly trainings of the club;
C. A player doesn’t play for the club in national league or national championships.
- These parameters are not concerning about players who come from the same country than the club.
Registration is open from 8th March till 16th August. There will be maximum ten clubs in the tournament and they will be selected in following system:
A. The host club: RGC Hansa
B. The medalists of the SEWGL 2021: Sporting CP (POR), FIFH Malmo (SWE), Old Power (FIN)
C. Each goalball club in Europe
If there would be more than ten participating clubs in the tournament we will determine the participants in following system:
A. First we will take one club from each country (except hosting country Germany, they have one extra spot in the tournament among RGC Hansa);
B. Ranking of the countries in last European Championships (group A, group B).
If there are two clubs from the same country competing the spot in the tournament:
A. Ranking of the club in last full league season / championships in the country;
B. If there is not own national league / championships in the country first registered club will be first selected.
All the participating clubs will be officially published finally on 17th August and depending on amount of the participating clubs the play system will be determined.
If your club want to participate in this fantastic high level club goalball competition, please download the registration form below
Please return the fullfilled registration form to our contact person Mr. Erkki Miinala not later than 16th August by email email@example.com. You can also take contact to Erkki any time if you have some open questions about the SEWGL 2022 tournament.