SEGL – Women’s Champions League 2023 tournament will be held simultaneously with the final stage of the SEGL – Champions League in the capital of Lithuania, Vilnius on 28th June – 2nd July. The tournament is organized by the EGCA and hosting club Saltinis.
PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE & ENTRY FEE
The preliminary schedule of the SEWGL 2023 is as follows:
- Wednesday 28th June – Arrival of teams
- Thursday 29th June – Competition Day 1
- Friday 30th June – Competition Day 2
- Saturday 1st July – Final Competition Day, Medal Ceremony, After Party
- Sunday 2nd July – Departure of teams
The entry fee of the SEWGL 2023 tournament is 300 € / person and it includes:
- Hotel accommodation in double or triple rooms from Wednesday 28th June to Sunday 2nd July (a single room is provided with extra cost as well as extra nights at the hotel);
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) from dinner on Wednesday 28th June to breakfast on Sunday 2nd July;
- Local transportation between the airport / central railway station and the hotel. Venues are located under 1 km walking distance from the hotel so transportation is not provided.
The organizer will send the entry form and the invoice of participation fees on Friday 5th May and the entry form must be returned and the payment made finally on Friday 26th May.
The registration for participating clubs will run from Monday 23rd January till Monday 1st May. Clubs register in the tournament by filling the digital registration form that can be found here!
EGCA will publish the participating clubs and play system of the SEWGL 2023 tournament finally on Friday 5th May. If the draw of pools is needed it will be organized live on “Goalball TV” YouTube channel / EGCA Facebook page.
Following regulations for club registration are valid in the SEWGL 2023 tournament:
- Clubs must register their teams and players according to the registration regulations;
- There are maximum ten participating clubs in the SEWGL 2023 tournament as following order:
A. Organizing club
B. Three best clubs of the the SEWGL 2022 tournament: FIFH Malmo, Old Power and RGC Hansa
C. The champions of national league / championships from each country of the division. We use order which is the position of country in European Championships (the highest ranked country first);
D. 2nd best team from countries which have own national league / championships;
E. If there are still free spots in a division, a place will be given in order for a club who comes from a country that has the highest position in European Championships.
- The ranking of the countries in the European Goalball Championships in women’s category (updated 1st January 2023): Turkey, Israel, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Germany, Finland, Greece, Ukraine, Hungary, Spain, Portugal, Italy. There are also many countries who have female club teams but they haven’t participated at the European Championships and clubs who come from those countries are in equal situation after the countries who are ranked.
The rules for the composition of the participating teams are defined in the registration regulations:
- A club can register maximum 6 athletes in its squad to the SEWGL 2023 tournament;
- There must be always minimum one IBSA classified athlete in club’s squad in each SEGL stage;
- Due to the difficulty of classification verified; clubs can register unrated players who compete in official competitions (domestic league or championships) in their countries through the respective federation;
- A club can register maximum 2 foreign players in its squad to the SEWGL 2023 tournament and only one of these two players can come out of Europe;
- A player is a foreign player, if one of following parameters is actualized:
A. A player is not an official member of the club;
B. A player doesn’t participate actively in weekly trainings of the club;
C. A player doesn’t play for the club in national league or championships.
- These parameters are not concerning about players who come from the same country than the club;
- Clubs register athletes to the SEGL stage by filling the digital registration form that is available to monitor by EGCA Competition Committee as well as the stage organizer;
- Failure to comply with registration rules results in a 10-0 loss in the game;
- Each athlete who is taking part in the SEWGL 2023 tournament is also eligible to participate to the SEGL – Champions League, European Grand Prix stages and U23 athletes are also eligible to participate in the SEGL Youth Championships 2023 tournament.
Please download the regulations of the SEWGL 2023 tournament from a link below: