The journey to European champion of the clubs 2023 is ready to begin – Registration for qualification stages of the SEGL – Champions League is open no here. Registration will be open till Friday 16th December 2022.
The current SEGL season will be culminated at the final stage on 28th – 31st October in Rostock but the ne season is almost at the door. During 2023 there will be two division stages as qualifiers to the final stage:
- SEGL North – 23rd – 26th February in Espoo, Finland organiced by Old Power
- SEGL South – 2nd – 5th March in Lyon, France organized by CSAVH Lyon
- The final stage as well as Women’s Champions League will be held in Vilnius, Lithuania on 28th June – 2nd July 2023. Registration for Women’s Champions League will begin on 15th January 2023.
Attention! There have been made some significant changes to the positioning of countries in the divisions (order of countries is made by using countries ranking in last European Championships (groups A, B, C) until 17th October 2022):
- SEGL North in order: Lithuania, Ukraine, Germany, Finland, Poland, Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Romania. Following countries have not participated in last European Championships and they have equal ranking: Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Moldova, Slovakia (clubs from Russia and Belarus are suspended)
- SEGL South in order: Turkey, Belgium, Montenegro, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Israel, Bulgaria, France, Serbia, Netherlands, Italy. Following countries have not participated in last European Championships and they have equal ranking: Austria, Bosnia, Croatia, North Macedonia, Slovenia
There are also some changes in club and athlete registrations made by EGCA Competition Committee and below is listed the most important of them:
- A club must be a real club that is taking or has taken part of the domestic goalball league / championships in its country during last four years;
- A club can’t compete under a name of national federation;
- Due to the accomplishment of several stages, each club can register a maximum of 8 players in its SEGL – Champions League squad during the season (qualification stage & final stage).;
- An athlete who has taken or is taking part of the SEGL – Champions League season 2023 is not allowed to participate in European Grand Prix stages except female and U23 athletes.